Only goods for personal use or consumption may be brought into Germany.
Such goods must only be for the personal use or consumption of the traveller, members of his/her household or as intended as presents. It is prohibited to bring in goods for others against payment.
On no account may goods be intended for commercial purposes.
Maximum quantities and value
- Tobacco (the importer must be at least 17 years old):
- 200 cigarettes
- 100 cigarillos or
- 50 cigars or
- 250 g smoking tobacco or
- a proportionate assortment of these goods.
- Alcohol und alcoholic beverages (the importer must be at least 17 years old):
- 1 litre of spirits with an alcohol content of more than 22% alcohol by volume or undenatured ethyl alcohol with an alcohol content of 80% by volume or more or
- 2 litres of alcohol and alcoholic beverages with a maximum alcohol content of 22% by volume or
- a proportionate assortment of these goods and
- 4 litres of still wine and
- 16 litres of beer.
- Medicinal products
- in a quantity sufficient to meet the traveller’s personal needs only.
- Other goods
- up to a total value of €300
- passengers travelling by air or sea up to a total value of €430
- travellers under 15 years of age up to a total value of €175
For more information, see:
http://www1.zoll.de/english_version/a0_passenger_traffic/c0_holidays_germany/index.html (in English)
http://www.zoll.de/DE/Home/home_node.html (in German)