Sustainable Jobs, Secure Incomes and Social Protection
Framework for Action
The current model of capitalism has yet to deliver sustainable jobs, secure incomes, and social protection.
Unemployment in the formal economy is intractable, and with 40% of the world’s workers forced into the desperation of the informal economy, the priority should be employment and decent work for all.
Inequality is growing, and wages are amongst the lowest on record as a share of wealth.
Health, public education, transport and public services generally are increasingly denied to those who cannot pay.
Sustainable jobs, secure incomes and social protection are the fundamental base of a just economy.download
- Precarious work
- Io riattivo il lavoro - We restart the jobs
- The Wire Nest...life In Mumbai’s Shipbreaking Yards
- Dominican Republic: a Caribbean Paradise Lost
- Support for Indigenous and Riparian communities of the Brazilian Amazon
- Belgian trade unions launch Jobs4Climate campaign
- Global Unions Committee on Workers’ Capital (CWC)
- Global Labor Unions Step Up the Fight for Women’s Empowerment
- Fighting in Peru for a transition to social and environmental sustainability